Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Wild and Sub Sandwiches

In a great game last night, the Wild won on a shootout goal by Mikko Koivu. That link won't show you the actual goal, but it's pretty much the same thing. Unfortunately, the big win over the Stars was overshadowed by this quote from Mike Greenlay, Wild tv analyst:

"He delivered that (hit) like a big ol' sub sandwich!!! [Pause] I don't even know what that means."

Okay Mike, settle down. I can just see Mike's partner in the booth sliding him a note, "STOP TALKING! YOU'RE RUINING IT! ARE YOU HUNGRY OR SOMETHING???"

Also, my dreams of a Stanley Cup parade down Nicollet Mall are pinned on this guy. Seriously, you'll really regret it if you don't click that link.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a) Liking your use of video linkage to help enhance my reading (and imagining) experience, on the whole
b) Is anything NOT on YouTube?! I know my neice singing "The Canoe Song" is up there...but somehow that is less random that "local Minnesota evening news coverage of last night's shootout winning goal by some random Wild player (who unfortunately is about as well known nationally as my neice) p.s. yes, search "canoe song"
c) I could totally look like that photo in about 7 months.